Why should I want a Christian education for my child?
The goal of Christian education is to develop the mind of Christ in the student. In John 8:29, Jesus stated, “I always do the things that are pleasing to [the Father].” By thinking the way Jesus thought (1 Corinthians 2:16), loving the way Jesus loved (John 15:9, 12), and submitting to the will of the Father the way Jesus submitted (Philippians 2:8), students will be transformed into the image of Christ, reflecting His light in this world (Romans 12:1-2).
As you contemplate your child’s educational options, it is important to consider:
- Do you want your child’s influences at school to reinforce and enhance the biblical worldview you cultivate at home?
- Do you want teachers who pray for and with your child?
- Do you want God and objective biblical truths fully integrated into your child’s academic experience?
- Do you want your child to be guided by godly wisdom and counsel when faced with difficult situations at school?
Choosing your child’s school is an important decision that impacts more than the present; it impacts eternity. It’s a decision that affects not only their education, but also their spiritual, social, and emotional life.
How does a Christian education differ from a Christ-centered education?
A Christian education speaks primarily to the environment in which it occurs. It is of, by, and for Christians and surrounded by Christian influences. A Christ-centered education at Hill Country Christian School encompasses that and more. We not only wrap what we do in the name of Jesus Christ, but we also strive to place Him at the center of every activity.
All subjects are taught from a Christian worldview, with Christian principles and biblical truths woven into the very fabric of the curriculum. Programs and activities are conducted with the purpose of developing Christ-likeness in our students. Perhaps our focus is best summarized by the words of Dutch theologian Desiderius Erasmus when he stated, “All studies, philosophy, rhetoric, are for this object: that we may know Christ and honor Him. This is the end of all learning and eloquence.”
How does Hill Country accomplish this?
As a Christ-centered school in all levels, programs, and teaching, Hill Country Christian School seeks to:
- Teach all subjects as parts of an integrated whole with the scriptures at the center (2 Timothy 3:16-17);
- Provide a clear model of the biblical Christian life through our staff and board (Matthew 22:37-40);
- Encourage every child to begin and develop his relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20; 19:13-15);
- Present every student complete in Christ (Colossians 1:28-29).